Banana Cupcakes are a light and tasty addition to your tea platter – make these cupcakes more interesting with chocolate chunks and walnuts, or experiment with sprinkles, food coloring, and cream cheese frosting! We used our floral Cupcake Liners to add some color to these banana cupcakes, available in various sizes and designs to suit your baking needs. If you’re looking to enjoy these cupcakes on the go, try our 4-Cavity and 6-Cavity Plastic Cupcake Containers!
The following recipe makes 12 Floral Banana Cupcakes.
- 1/3 cup oil
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tbsp coffee
- 50 ml milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk together oil, brown sugar, and egg.
- Add mayonnaise and vanilla essence, and whisk.
- Mash the bananas and stir into the liquid mixture.
- Dissolve the coffee in a tablespoon of water and add to the batter.
- Using a spatula, stir in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, using quick strokes to prevent air from escaping.
- Add the milk and stir quickly.
- Line a cupcake tray with floral Cupcake Liners and fill 2/3 of each wrapper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, then remove from tray and leave on a wire rack till cool. Enjoy!