Sushi Box Potato Croquettes are an exciting addition to Hi-Tea, lunches, and even afternoon tea! When you want to make something quick, easy, and innovative, this recipe will help you – using basic at-home ingredients and spices, you can turn mashed potatoes into something much more enjoyable, while impressing your guests with this simple yet tasty dish. Served in our classy Sushi Boxes, these Croquettes can be enjoyed on the go, anytime, anywhere.
The following recipe makes about 25 2″ Croquettes.
- 750g potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
- 15-20 small curry leaves, chopped
- crispy brown onions, 1/3 cup
- coriander, as required, chopped
- cumin (zeera), 1 tbsp
- garam masala, 1/3 tsp
- red chilli powder, 3/4 tbsp
- garlic powder, 1 tbsp
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, whisked
- flour, as required
- breadcrumbs, as required
- oil, to fry
- salt, as required
- Sauté onions on medium heat until they begin to brown; add curry leaves and sauté for another minute or two, then mix with mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add chopped coriander, cumin, garam masala, red chilli powder, brown onions, garlic powder, black pepper and salt; mix well.
- Shape Croquettes into 2-inch cylinders while squeezing mixture to remove air pockets, then refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil on a high flame.
- Remove Croquettes from refrigerator and toss in flour; dip in egg mixed with a little water and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown, then remove them from the oil and place them on several napkins to remove excess oil.
- Serve with the sauce of your choice – enjoy!